Where do you play and what's your dart experience?

Let us know what part of the country you're from and where you play. Don't list personal details like street addresses and phone numbers as this can be read by anyone on the web.

Re: Where do you play and what's your dart experience?

Postby dartlady25 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:32 pm

RE:WHERE DO YOU PLAY AND WHAT'S YOUR DART EXPERIENCE?

I play usually at the Legion, or Rec Centre, but I have gone to a house party where someone
suggest we start a game of darts, My expeience in playing darts, is I've been playing for 20 years.

Part of those years, I played on female dart league. We played in tourment in Sussex, NB, we came in Second
dartlady25

Advertisement

Dart Cards

Postby david2dart » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:01 pm

I have been playing darts for 35 years. I have played and been on the executive of many leagues both in PEI and NS. I presently play in 3 dart leagues in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. I have played competitive darts in NS and PEI but now am playing Legion darts and house league darts.
david2dart

Postby Bearclaw67 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am

Hi, I play in Lindsay....but will be playing for regionals with the Legion, and trying out for Ontario's, have been playing for over 25 years. My life does not revolve around darts, but I do love to play...and enjoy any and all competition.
Bearclaw67

Postby Hitman » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Just started playing darts last October and have been playing out of the Oakville Legion in Ontario.

Really enjoying it and will be joining a league in Sept. Also attending my first tournament in Aug.

Question - what determines a A/B/C level player? Is it dart ave or # of darts to finish 501?

Cheers :)
Hitman

Postby Bearclaw67 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:45 am

Hitman wrote:Just started playing darts last October and have been playing out of the Oakville Legion in Ontario.

Really enjoying it and will be joining a league in Sept. Also attending my first tournament in Aug.

Question - what determines a A/B/C level player? Is it dart ave or # of darts to finish 501?

Cheers :)

I believe it is your avg of wins......at least in Lindsay it is
Bearclaw67

Postby dartndave » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:03 am

Hello fellow darters! I started playing in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia in 1982. I was bar-tending when i was 19 and watched people playing this cool game and decided to take it up. Played for 15 years then after getting married and having my 2 children took the next 10 years off.... :cry:
Now I have set up a board in the basement and bought a set of black Phil Taylor Phase 5's. (amazing darts!) Trying to find some tournaments and leagues to join to get my game back up to par. Hoping to start playing serious darts and gain some Canadian ranking points but I know it will take a while to get the nerves settled down after all these years away. It is one thing to hit consistent darts in the basement and another to play against the better players and keep your wits about you!
If anybody knows of any tournies in Halifax/Dartmouth I would love to try playing against some good players to see where I am....

Thanks
dartndave
dartndave

Postby TheSilencer » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:18 am

Hi Dave... I will post any available shoots in the Tournament Section under the Maritimes Thread... Nova Scotia is loaded with available events! They have three NDFC Ranking Events (one of which will grant an invitation to the BDO's Winmau World Masters). The numbers of players now playing in the maritimes, have greatly increased over the past few years.

The Bedford Legion is a hotspot for events, I'm also sure you can find many a poster on their bulletin boards!
2008 Canadian Champion, 2008 Canadian Doubles Champions, 2003,2004,2010 Canadian Open Doubles Champions, 2010 Legion National Doubles Champions.
Team Canada Winmau World Masters 1996,2002,2008.
TheSilencer

Postby RubyJeans » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi.. I am from Bathurst NB..I have been playing darts in the Ladies City Dart League since 1990 when I joined with my mother. During the years since my mother and I joined, my 3 sisters and now my 2 older daughters have played in the league as well.. Last year there was only myself, my mother and my 2 daughters playing, although we are on the same team.. makes for an interesting night of Darts when you go to play and every round, you are playing against someone from the same family.. Always loved darts and don't plan on quitting. I love it enough that I volunteer to run Chicken Darts at our local club BlackJacks country bar on Main Street..
RubyJeans

Postby davet22 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:37 pm

I play in London Ont. in the London and District Mens Dart League. I have been in the League for 11 years and I am currently the league Vice President.
davet22

Postby Foxz » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:17 am

I've now played for 5 yrs in The Lake St.George league Washago Ontario,evey year my husband & I have a great time lot's of laughs and just all round fun.We look forward to the following season so we can re-unite with Great friends & family :D
Foxz

PreviousNext

Return to What Part of the Country Are You From?