Where do you play and what's your dart experience?

Let us know what part of the country you're from and where you play. Don't list personal details like street addresses and phone numbers as this can be read by anyone on the web.

Where do you play and what's your dart experience?

Postby Admin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:36 am

While there are no official numbers, it is estimated there are tens of thousands of dart players across Canada.

While many play in legions, house leagues, leagues and tournaments at various levels, there are yet vast numbers of folks who play in their basements or with friends and who never show up on the radar.

We'd like to know where you play and what's your dart experience.
Admin
Site Admin

Advertisement

Dart Cards

Re: Where do you play and what's your dart experience?

Postby wolfy1955 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:25 pm

I play in the West End of Toronto, ON and have been playing for about 8 years. It used to be just a social night out but now I have started getting interested in tournaments so am working a little harder. Still enjoy the social and friendly atmosphere.
wolfy1955

Postby teamnl2010 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:49 pm

I am from newfoundland and Labrador.I really enjoy a good game of darts both on a relaxing and competitive level.I had played on team NL in 2007,2008,and 2010.The only thing is that darts don't get the fame that it should.It is a great sport and it should be seen that way.
teamnl2010

Postby AdamBomb » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:22 pm

I play in central Toronto in the MTADL C league and also play for fun. I'm going into my 3rd year in the league. I used to play darts in basements and garages for years when I was younger, then stopped playing for about 10 years until I found the MTADL.
AdamBomb

Postby snowbrdf » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:26 pm

I play in the west island of Montreal. Have only been playing for about 6 months but have already become a C+/B- player...I love darts!!! Have played as a spare for a bar league and their tournament, and a couple of charity tournaments, looking forward to finally joining the league this year :)
snowbrdf

Postby Bigfred » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:28 pm

I play in Georgina, the very Northern tip of the GTA. I've been playing for about 30 years. I've been a member of The South Shore Dart League for about 30 years. I like to play in as many tournaments as can get to. I don't drive so it can be a little difficult. I love the "SPORT" of darts. 8-)
Bigfred

Postby blackwolf » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:02 pm

I play in two leagues, in Coe Hill on Friday nights and in the SEDL in Toronto on Wednesdays. I'll be playing in a third league this fall in Toronto on Tuesdays. I have been playing for about 12 years. I try to play in any tournament I can, but as I don't drive, I have to rely on rides or the TTC. I am coming off my best season of darts as I won a League championship, Consolation championship, won the Legion Doubles Championship for my Zone for the second year in a row, won the Legion Singles title for my Zone, made it to the Provincials for the Legion Mixed, was on the winning team for the Legion Zone Mixed Championship, had over 140 finishes in both leagues combined with a high finish of 144, and between the two leagues and tournaments, threw 23 180's.
blackwolf

Postby TheSilencer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm from Quispamsis, New Brunswick. Started off in the B-Division many years ago!
2008 Canadian Champion, 2008 Canadian Doubles Champions, 2003,2004,2010 Canadian Open Doubles Champions, 2010 Legion National Doubles Champions.
Team Canada Winmau World Masters 1996,2002,2008.
TheSilencer

Postby griff » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:47 pm

i play out of the Trenton Legion br29 Nova Scotia, i've been playing darts about 30yrs..
griff

Postby Kathy Julien » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:16 pm

I have been playing for 12 years. I have played in both Mixed Leagues(for fun) and Ladies Leagues (competitive). I'm currently only playing in the ladies league and tournaments (legion, NDFC and little tournaments). I play in Metro of Nova Scotia. I've been on Team NS at National level and on the Executive for DNS. I am also on the Exec level as well as player in the Legions. I enjoy the game as a game when I play for fun and as a sport when I am playing competitively. So far my best years of play were 2006-2008.
Kathy Julien
Kathy Julien

Next

Return to What Part of the Country Are You From?