Practice - What is your routine?

Talk about darts in Canada at the local, provincial or national level.

Practice - What is your routine?

Postby TheSilencer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:35 pm

I usually gear all my Practicing around finishing...

I like to use 121 (finish in 9 darts or less) If you do, you go up 1# so 122 then 123 etc.etc.
If you don't get it in the 9 darts, you have to go back to 121. Try and get up as high as you can.

Another game I like to play is Tic-Tac-Toe (opponent(s) necessary)

Simply fill each block with a random finish (start with easier ones till you get the hang of it)... Bull up to see who is "X" and who is "O" ,and the "X" shoots first. Try and take out one of the finishes (if you do mark an "X" through the number, or "O" depending who you are) The person who gets the line (same as tic-tac-toe on paper) is the winner... This can also end in a draw. This has been catching on like wild fire here on the East Coast.

List what you do! Your way could also help others try out new ways to practice...
2008 Canadian Champion, 2008 Canadian Doubles Champions, 2003,2004,2010 Canadian Open Doubles Champions, 2010 Legion National Doubles Champions.
Team Canada Winmau World Masters 1996,2002,2008.
TheSilencer

Advertisement

Dart Cards

Re: Practice - What is your routine?

Postby Hitman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm not as good as the Silencer but i do a similar game using 101.

Play about 20-30 games and track your # of darts to finish... goal is to finish in 2 darts but 3 is also good. I generally do triple 17, 18 and double 16 but am still practicing a bull finish. Good game to practice finishes.

I also like around the world doubles starting at double 1 and finishing with Bull.
Hitman

Postby Keyser Soze » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:28 am

I like to play games against the software game n01 for game practice, to simulate a live opponent at home. For finishing practice, or when warming up, I will play John Part's "Catch 40", where you attempt every finish from 61 through 100, and have a maximum of 6 darts to finish each number. Finish in 2 darts for 3 points, 3 darts for 2 points, and 4 through 6 darts for 1 point. During league nights, my teammates and I quite often will throw rounds of 170, starting at 170 and throwing in continuous turns until you take it out, which always has you attempting different outs depending on what the person before you throws. Another good warmup before competition is throwing round the clock on doubles (and backwards if you have time).
Keyser Soze

Postby TheSilencer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:I like to play games against the software game n01 for game practice, to simulate a live opponent at home. For finishing practice, or when warming up, I will play John Part's "Catch 40", where you attempt every finish from 61 through 100, and have a maximum of 6 darts to finish each number. Finish in 2 darts for 3 points, 3 darts for 2 points, and 4 through 6 darts for 1 point. During league nights, my teammates and I quite often will throw rounds of 170, starting at 170 and throwing in continuous turns until you take it out, which always has you attempting different outs depending on what the person before you throws. Another good warmup before competition is throwing round the clock on doubles (and backwards if you have time).

I will have to try this one! Thanks for the post! ;) "Cathch 40"
2008 Canadian Champion, 2008 Canadian Doubles Champions, 2003,2004,2010 Canadian Open Doubles Champions, 2010 Legion National Doubles Champions.
Team Canada Winmau World Masters 1996,2002,2008.
TheSilencer

Postby eastcoaster11 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 pm

usually,i start off playing 121 for a warm up,then play the dart master on the best level,best of 21,if i loose i go back to 121 for another bit,then back to the scoreboard.also play tactics,and sliencer i was wondering what the hell you were doing in halifax with the tic,tac,toe haha
eastcoaster11

Return to General Dart Talk - Canada